Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We are happy to answer questions about our services and procedures.
These are a selection of some common questions that patients have. If your question isn't answered here, please contact our office. It's important to us that our patients understand their dental care.
- I brush and floss every day. Why do I need a cleaning?
- Why do I need x-rays?
- What happens during an examination?
- I'm not happy with the appearance of my teeth. What options are available for changing them?
- Am I too old for cosmetic dentistry?
- My teeth are discolored. What are my options?
- Do I have to avoid certain foods with a dental crown?
- Will my dental crown or bridge be noticeable?
- What is a dental bridge used for?
- Will my dentures feel uncomfortable?
- Will I be able to eat normally with dentures?
- How long should I wear my dentures?
- How often should I brush my teeth?
- How often should I visit your office?
- Can my entire family see you?
- What can I do to prevent gum disease?
- What treatments are available for gum disease?
- Is gum disease reversible?
- Will my root canal hurt?
- What happens during a root canal?
- Why is a root canal necessary?
- Why are my teeth stained?
- What about over-the-counter teeth whitening kits?
- Will whitening my teeth hurt?
- Do tooth-colored fillings look natural?
- Does my insurance cover tooth-colored composite fillings?
- Are composite fillings better than silver amalgam fillings?