Emergency Dentistry in Chattanooga, TN
Dental emergencies happen to the best of us and usually at the most inopportune times. You might be enjoying a family dinner, and suddenly a filling pops out. Or one of your kids gets a tooth knocked out while playing ball on a Saturday afternoon.
If you or a family member experience a dental emergency, our first bit of advice is not to panic. Give our Chattanooga, TN practice a call for any kind of dental emergency, and one of our team can advise you on just how urgent your situation is. We can also provide you with instructions on what to do until you can get in for an appointment.
Signs That You Have an Urgent Dental Emergency
There are several situations that require an immediate call to your dentist, and these include the following:
- You have a toothache that has gone from uncomfortable to unbearable.
- You have experienced trauma and have a loosened or knocked-out tooth. The sooner you get treatment, the better the chances your tooth can be saved.
- You have painful swelling in your mouth, cheek, or jaw.
- Your mouth is bleeding uncontrollably.
- You have suffered a blow to your jaw or mouth and are experiencing severe pain. Even if the pain isn’t severe, it’s a good idea to have a full examination by the dentist to ensure there is no damage below the gum line that isn’t immediately apparent.
All of these are signs that you must seek treatment immediately. If you call us, we can advise you about what to do until we can get you in. When you do come in, Dr. Primesh Modi will take care of your immediate needs with palliative care, and then he can talk to you about treatment and make a follow-up appointment, as needed.
Note that if you think you might have broken your jaw, you should call 911 or visit the nearest emergency room immediately
Signs That Your Situation Is Not Urgent
Although uncomfortable, the following situation usually does not constitute an immediate appointment:
- A crown or filling has come out
- Food is stuck between your teeth and flossing and brushing can’t get rid of it
- Your tooth hurts, but it is more annoying than painful
Give us a call if you are experiencing any of these symptoms, and we will get you scheduled for the next available booking.
Preventing Dental Emergencies
Most people don’t realize that the number one way to avoid most dental emergencies is by visiting your dentist twice each year for examinations and cleanings. This will ensure your dentists observes situations such as a filling that might be compromised and fixes it before it falls out, or addresses a tooth that might be susceptible to infection before you come in with a toothache and need a root canal.
When you see your dentist regularly, most dental issues can be detected and addressed while they are small and easy to fix—before they become emergencies.
Call Us When You Experience a Dental Emergency
Call your Chattanooga, TN emergency dentist Bridge Dental Care if you find yourself in an urgent situation—or if you are simply overdue for a checkup and cleaning.